There are ways for converting between noun and verb (e.g. noun -> verb by adding -suru, and verb -> noun by dropping the ending of the verb), turning adjectives into adverbs, etc. I could not find a tag for this sort of conversion. (But as the clumsy title of this question hints, I don't quite know how it may be called.)

  • There's at least nominalization for "making something into a noun" but not "verbing" and the rest.
    – Andrew T.
    Feb 12, 2019 at 11:58
  • @AndrewT. In this case, it can go both ways noun <-> verb, so it would require a more generic tag. Feb 12, 2019 at 12:07
  • More generally, derivation. For example, the verb ググる is derived from グーグル via a regular process; the noun 話 is derived from the 連用形 of the verb 話す, which is 話し.
    – user1478
    Feb 12, 2019 at 16:28


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .