The site definition of JL&U on Area 51 says:
Beta Q&A site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language.
It's easy to see how students can benefit from asking questions and getting answers on the site, but what about for teachers and linguists? What will be the elevator pitch to attract them to our community?
Here are some I can think of, but not sure if it's really true/appealing/appropriate:
- A central place to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language.
- Altruism: help others learn.
- Learning: teaching is also a process of learning.
- Academic: find your research topic from among the questions.
- Career: demonstrate your knowledge and writing to your prospective employer.