Any sufficiently complex deterministicity is indistinguishable from stochasticity.
Postdoc of physics dealing with complex systems, chaos theory, scientific computing, networks, analysis methods, and theoretical ecology. To get an idea what I am doing, take a look at my publications or this journalistic report on my work.
My username is pronounced [ˈvʀ̩ʦl̩ˌpʀm̩ft] and comes from a list of names you should not give to your child, which in turn got it from this guy.
Member for 6 years
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 22 '17 at 17:28
- Academia♦ 47.4k 47.4k 1515 gold badges148148 silver badges225225 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 25.4k 25.4k 55 gold badges6464 silver badges133133 bronze badges
- German Language♦ 21.2k 21.2k 66 gold badges6161 silver badges125125 bronze badges
- Graphic Design♦ 13.2k 13.2k 55 gold badges5353 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Mathematics 4.8k 4.8k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 225 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 198 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 169 Is declining an undergraduate award which causes me discomfort appropriate?
- 159 What does the typical workflow of a journal look like?
- 155 I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?
- 129 Why shouldn’t I use Unicode characters to simulate typographic styles (such as small caps or script)?
- 110 Graduation, site closure, and a clearer outlook on the health of SE sites
- View more network posts →