I'm 82-year old Japanese male, really old. I worked in a New York-based advertising agency 30 years after working in a local ad agency about 10 years. So my business background was marketing and advertising, though it's irrelevant to my present life now. I'm a user of English Language & Usage site of Stock Exchange more than six years, where I serve as one of moderators since 2012. Japanese language is my native language and English is my second language. I studied Chinese language in a Beijing University 20 to 22 years ago. But I almost forgot how to speak it long ago.
Member for 4 years, 2 months
5 profile views
Last seen May 15 '16 at 11:46
Top network posts
- 97 Is there English counterpart(s) to Japanese old saying, “Present salt to your enemy.”?
- 92 What is the difference between an Emperor and a King?
- 87 Is there really no English equivalent to German's “Fachidiot”?
- 58 What does “Your hair is so white now, it can talk back to police” mean?
- 58 Are there counterpart English expressions to Japanese proverb, "the nail that pops up is always hammered down?
- 57 What is the English equivalent to the Chinese/Japanese saying, “塞翁失馬— Life is like Old Sai’s horse”?
- 56 What's the English equivalent of the Japanese saying, “A fart ruins 100 days of sermons by the priest (bishop)”?
- View more network posts →