I have a doctorate in philosophy from Fordham University. My main areas of research specialization are modern German philosophy (Kant, Hegel, and Kierkegaard) and classical Confucianism (Kongzi, Mengzi).
I have been working at a University in Japan as a 特任講師 and then Advisor for the last four years (aka "Specially Appointed Associate Professor" -- at least that's what the Internet tells me: https://iss-intl.osaka-u.ac.jp/supportoffice/eng/housing/navi/status/ ).
I worked for 10 years as a web application developer writing code in PHP (generally object-oriented) and working with MySQL (moderately normalized database design) to deliver HTML/JS/CSS. I used to answer questions on Experts Exchange and had a reputation of 825,192 there before I became disappointed with their model (mostly PHP and MySQL questions).
I've developed my own proprietary learning management system which tracks questions, answers, grades, comments on answers, and participation. I'm hoping to either monetize or github the system at some point as time allows.
Asahikawa, Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan
Member for 5 years, 5 months
97 profile views
Last seen Dec 9 '18 at 3:14
Top Network Posts
- 53 Parents attending thesis defense?
- 45 Why does Dawkins think it is wrong to posit that a paragon of 100% morals could theoretically exist?
- 41 Should I challenge the GRE requirement for a doctoral program in education (in the U.S.)?
- 40 Word for a task which is flawed or doomed to failure but which you have to do anyway?
- 34 Why can't humans believe contradictions?
- 28 Is it ok to use 電車 for non-electric trains?
- 28 Should I send an email to authors of a paper I enjoyed reading?
- View more network posts →