🐌. Native speaker of American English. Linux user. Familiar with several programming languages in the procedural, OO, and functional paradigms.
- Worst Code Golf ever
- New badge proposals!
- Shakespeare bug in Ubuntu
- The Great Question Deletion Audit of 2012
Link rot is evil. Archive everything. The keyboard is king. Correctness over performance. Canonicalize, normalize, deduplicate. Don't repeat yourself. UTF-8 > UTF-16. Use static typing: good for tooling. Re-use; don't re-invent. Correctness, then clarity, then concision and elegance. Play devil's advocate. First understand opponents' positions.
Member for 8 years, 5 months
65 profile views
Last seen May 27 '13 at 7:19
- Stack Overflow 23.2k 23.2k 1212 gold badges7878 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 9.4k 9.4k 33 gold badges4040 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Super User 6.6k 6.6k 44 gold badges3838 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 4.6k 4.6k 33 gold badges2222 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Linguistics 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 300 How to convert a string of bytes into an int in Python
- 164 Recent feature changes to Stack Exchange
- 134 Pseudo files for temporary data
- 121 CURL to access a page that requires a login from a different page
- 117 Find size and free space of the filesystem containing a given file
- 109 What is the difference between public, protected, package-private and private in Java?
- 91 Builder pattern equivalent in Python
- View more network posts →