Localization engineer by day, language geek by night. Very interested in etymologies and the historical development of language over time. Active on the English Wiktionary.
Member for 7 years
42 profile views
Last seen May 4 at 18:28
- Japanese Language 30.2k 30.2k 11 gold badge6060 silver badges102102 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Homebrewing 322 322 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 301 301 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Super User 198 198 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 41 Why is the term オナニー written in katakana?
- 40 Does the on'yomi of 輪 (リン) have any relation to the English "ring", or is it a coincidence?
- 37 Why does "fu" changes to "pu" while it's not started with "h"?
- 35 Does 左様なら (sayōnara) have Chinese roots?
- 25 Are there any old loanwords from Korean, especially any not written in katakana?
- 25 What does the highlighted portion of this handwritten Kanji say?
- 21 Why can't だ be used after an I-adjective?
- View more network posts →